Remarkably innovative and beautifully crafted, this is Karver's smallest continuous line, furling assembly for headsails and gennaker handling. Suitable for all sailing craft from 6 to 10m with sail surfaces up to a max of 50 sq. m and with a maximum working load of 900kg. The Karver KFO.9 is maintenance free and corrosion resistant. This is due to its sealed bearings and a special anodising treatment to the aluminium, finished with Teflon coating. The outer composite plastic gives good impact protection for a long and durable life.
Drum operation is controlled by an endless 6mm low stretch furling line (not supplied).
Top swivel and bottom drum are connected using soft shackles and
Please see the video tab on this page for video information.
- Extremely compact
- Quickly detachable
- Suitable work loads up to 900 kg
- Captive fast pins
- Shock absorber drum protection
- Manufactured in anodized aluminium
- Lightweight and corrosion resistant
- Lashing eye on the swivel to optimize weight and dimensions
- Innovative 2 in 1 fitting under the drum - Snap shackle + 2:1 friction sheave
- Quick continuous line installation
- Max sail area: 50 m²
|Safe Working Load (tons) :||900 Kg|
|Breaking load (tons) :||1 800 Kg|
|Drum diameter :||87 mm|
|Fork width (mm) :||10.2 mm|
|Fast pin diamter (mm)||6 mm|
|Max height (with standard fittings) :||106.8 mm|
|Max furling line :||6-7 mm|
|Weight (kg) :||348 gr|