Many AIS splitters introduce significant signal loss, some say no loss but this unique Vesper AIS/VHF/FM Antenna Splitter SP160 is the only one that provides signal gain - improving AIS reception and increasing range. This is because the Vesper Marine splitter has a built-in low noise amplifier. This is especially important to increase the receive range from the increasing number of low power AIS SART and MOB devices.
In addition to the amplification provided by this splitter, when used with your existing antenna you can optimize the range of your AIS transponder because the antenna is also mounted as high as possible. To simplify installation you can share an existing VHF antenna by using this splitter. The unit removes the need for a separate VHF antenna for an AIS receiver or transponder and allows a single antenna to be shared with a VHF radio.
This is an excellent solution when it is difficult to install an additional antenna or you wish to share an existing VHF antenna and maximize your AIS range. You can use this splitter with an existing antenna installation that is in good operating condition. However, for an optimized AIS and VHF antenna system, choose our AIS antenna designed to be shared with VHF radios.
Note: As of July 1, 2017 the splitter now includes two 2m (6.5ft) long patch cables to go between the splitter, AIS and your VHF radio. This provides everything needed for most installations. However, if you require a longer cable be sure to choose high quality marine grade 50 ohm cable with standard PL259 plugs to go between the splitter and your AIS transponder or receiver. This should be ordered separately based on the required length
- Specifically designed for use with both AIS receivers and transponders.
- Easy to install
- Designed to work with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders including the popular WatchMate XB-6000 and WatchMate XB-8000
- Uses standard PL-259 patch cables (two 2m (6.5ft) cables included).
- 4 status LED's (power, VHF transmit, AIS transmit, antenna quality).
- VHF radio always has priority and the VHF can always transmit even if the power to the splitter fails.
- Designed to work with either 12 or 24 volt supply.
- IPx7 rated. High quality rugged construction made specifically for marine use.
RF Performance: Frequency Range 156MHz to 163MHz
Operating Temperature: -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to 131°F)
Overall Size (Incl Connectors) 135mm Long x 107 Wide x 56 Deep (5 5/16” x 4 13/64“ x 2 13/64”)
VHF / AIS Connectors SO239 (requires PL259 plug)
AM / FM Connectors BNC, optional cable available, BNC to Motorola plug
Power Supply 10 - 32 VDC, <0.8W nominal
AIS Receive Gain 12dB
Insertion Loss VHF RX 1.5dB / VHF TX 1dB / AIS TX 1dB
Marine Transponders -119 dBm, 6dB improvement