International Toplac Paint 750ml is premium one pack topcoat boat paint. It comes with an enamel finish and can be directly applied to any previously painted surface including: GRP, Steel, Wood, Carbon Fibre. Toplac’s silicone alkyd formula is extremely smooth-flowing, producing a very high gloss. Superior UV filters combine with this to produce a surface which will retain its colour and gloss up to three times longer than conventional gloss paints.
- Premium quality high-gloss durable yacht enamel
- Silicone alkyd formula lasts twice as long as conventional one-part enamels
- Excellent UV resistance
- Extended gloss and colour retention characteristics
- Easy to apply giving deep, lustrous finish
- International's premium topcoat paint with enamel finish
- Area: Above the waterline
- Finish/Sheen: High Gloss
- Substrates: Aluminium, GRP/FRP, Steel, Wood, Carbon Fibre
- Application Method: Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller
- Recommended No of Coats: 1 - 2
- Practical Coverage: 7.5m sq per 750ml
Primers, Undercoats & Thinners
- Primers - See Preparation Guide below
- Undercoats: International Pre-Kote available in White & Blue/Grey - Please note , International Paints do not supply exact colour matches, in Pre-Kote, to match Toplac colours - Select from White or Blue Grey
- Thinners & Cleaners : International No 1 Thinnners
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACE
In Good condition: Wash down with a suitable detergent, rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Abrade with 280-320 grade (grit) paper..
In Poor Condition : Remove all previous coatings and prime the substrate.
BARE WOOD: Sand smooth with 80-180 and then 280 grade paper. Remove sanding dust by brushing, dusting and wiping. If wiping with solvent, allow to dry completely before applying recommended products. Prime with Yacht Primer.
STEEL: Degrease with solvent or Super Cleaner. Gritblast to Sa 2½ near white metal surface. If gritblasting is not possible, grind the metal surface with 2436 grit abrasive discs to a uniform, clean, bright well roughened metal surface 5075microns) anchor pattern. Use angle grinder on small areas. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry.Prime with International Yacht Primer.
ALUMINIUM: Degrease with solvent or Yacht Line Super Cleaner. Sand well using 60- 120 grade (aluminium compatible) paper. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry. Prime with International Yacht Primer as soon as possible (within 8 hours).
GRP: Degrease with solvent or International Super Cleaner. Sand well using 180-220 grade paper. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry. No primer required. Apply International PreKote direct to GRP.
AGED/WEATHERED GELCOATS: Due to increased porousness, the risk of solvent/moisture entrapment is increased, leading to potential blistering. To reduce this risk 3 coats of International Interprotect are recommended to seal the gelcoat. Interprotect must be overcoated with International Perfection Undercoat
Although every effort has been made to ensure the colours on screen are as close as possible to actual paint colours, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match. Paint swatch colours will vary depending on your screen settings and resolution. The manufacturer cannot be responsible for slight variations.