International Toplac is a range of high-performance colours with a solid reputation, and has been admired on yachts and boats of all sizes for decades. With a rich colour that stays glossy over time, Toplac is the trusted solution when a high-quality topcoat finish is required.
- Easy to use - silky-smooth flow achieves a brush-mark-free, professional look
- Silicone alkyd technology delivers a high-gloss shine and rich, lustrous colour
- Excellent durability; lasts longer than conventional one-part enamels
- Brand : Inertnational
- Capacity: 750ml
- Area: Above the Waterline
- Suitable for: Hull, Deck - Smooth, Deck - Non-Skid Additive, Exterior Cabin/Trims, Interior Cabin/Trims
- Finish/Sheen: High Gloss
- Substrates: Aluminium/Zinc-Galvanised Steel, GRP/FRP, Steel, Wood, Epoxy Composite/Carbon Fibre
- Application Method: Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller
- Recommended no of Coats: 2 - 3
- Practical Coverage (Brush & Roller): 12 m²/L
- Practical Coverage (Spray): 8 m²/L
- Typical Shelf Life: 2 Years
- Snow White
- Mediterranean White
- Atlantic Grey
- Rescue Orange
- Fire Red
- Rochelle Red
- Rustic Red
- Norfolk Green
- Woodward Green
- Donegal Green
- Squall Blue
- Bondi Blue
- Sapphire Blue
- Danube Blue
- Oxford Blue
- Mauritius Blue
- Jet Black
PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACE
- In Good Condition: Wash down with a suitable detergent, rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Abrade with 280320
grade (grit) paper.
- In Poor Condition : Remove all previous coatings and prime the substrate.
PRIMING: Substrate preparation is covered separately on the primer datasheet.
BARE WOOD: Sand smooth with 80-180 and then 280 grade paper. Remove sanding dust by brushing, dusting and wiping. If wiping with solvent, allow to dry completely before applying recommended products. Prime with Yacht Primer.
STEEL: Degrease with solvent or Super Cleaner. Gritblast to Sa 2½ near white metal surface. If gritblasting is not possible, grind the metal surface with 2436 grit abrasive discs to a uniform, clean, bright well roughened metal surface 5075microns) anchor pattern. Use angle grinder on small areas. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry.Prime with International Yacht Primer.
ALUMINIUM: Degrease with solvent or Yacht Line Super Cleaner. Sand well using 60- 120 grade (aluminium compatible) paper. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry. Prime with International Yacht Primer as soon as possible (within 8 hours).
GRP: Degrease with solvent or International Super Cleaner. Sand well using 180-220 grade paper. Clean thoroughly and allow to dry. No primer required. Apply International PreKote direct to GRP.
AGED/WEATHERED GELCOATS: Due to increased porousness, the risk of solvent/moisture entrapment is increased, leading to potential blistering. To reduce this risk 3 coats of International Interprotect are recommended to seal the gelcoat. Interprotect must be overcoated with One UP prior to topcoat application.
ALL SUBSTRATES: Use PreKote undercoat
Sand the undercoat smooth with 320400 grade (grit) wet or dry paper. Remove dust with a dust wipe. Apply 13 coats.
- Mixing: Stir well before use.
- Thinner: Thinner No.1 (Brush/Roller), Thinner 910 (Spray application PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.).
- Thinning: Add up to 10% Thinner No 1 to ease the application by brush/roller. The thinner quantity can be adjusted with climate conditions.
- Cleaner: Thinner No.1.
- Ventilation and Humidity Control: Apply in dry, well ventilated conditions.
|Hazard Pictogram :|
Flammable liquid and vapour
Read label before use. Keep out of reach of children. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.Prevention:
Wear protective gloves. Wear eye or face protection. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.Response:
IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water or shower.Storage:
Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national and international regulations.
All Colours: Naphtha (petroleum), Hydrotreated Heavy, 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid, Zirconium Salt, 2-Butanone Oxime,
|Supplemental Label Elements||
Contains 2-butanone oxime. May produce an allergic reaction. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.