Alpha Compact alternators are optimized to deliver continuous high power output in energy storage applications. Combined with our Alpha Pro regulators, they create a high performance, plug-and-play charging solution. The combination is suitable for all battery types, including Lithium Ion. This version is 14/200A and comes standard with the Alpha Pro III charge regulator.
These automotive style alternators offer many advantages. Most manufacturers offer a second alternator option, better known as PTO or Power Take Off option. This provides a straight-forward way to add an Alpha Compact as a second alternator. Alternatively, the stock alternator can be replaced with an Alpha Compact to obtain a powerful, MasterBus enabled 3-step charger.
High performance plug and play alternators
Compared to conventional alternators, Alpha Compact offers lower weight, smaller dimensions and reduced fuel consumption. This is made possible by its open construction with double internal fans. An integrated temperature sensor controls the operating temperature.
The Alpha Compact series consists of 7 models in 12 V and 24 V. The models with suffix "VP" are a perfect fit for Volvo Penta engines. Finding the right alternator for a specific application can be challenging. Please feel free to contact Mastervolt for assistance, we are happy to help you.
The Alpha Compact 14/200 and Alpha Compact VP models are fitted with a multi-groove pulley as standard. Other Alpha Compact models come without pulley. Mastervolt offers a complete range of multi-groove pulleys.
Worldwide use in marine, mobile, infrastructure and industrial applications.
- Patented magnetic design
- High charge current at idle RPM
- Up to 30% lower fuel consumption
- Wide range of accessories available
- Suitable for high ambient temperatures
- Cable and electronics protected against oil, moisture and dirt
- Up to 40% lighter and 25% more compact than conventional alternators
- Plug and play solution, with Alpha Pro III regulator included
- Original Equipment quality with full 2 year warranty
- Charge regulation: An Alpha Pro III charge regulator comes standard with all models
- Isolated operation: Yes, with optional isolation bushings
- Rotational direction: Clockwise
- Galvanic isolation: Non-isolated
- Cooling: Integrated dual fan
- Mounting: Direct mounting
- Pulley included: Yes
- Weight: 7.5 kg
- System voltage: 12 V
- Nominal current (at 6000 rpm, 25°C): 200 A
- Charge current (at 1800 rpm, 25°C): 106 A
- Cut-in speed: 1350 rpm
- Maximum rotational speed: 20,000 rpm
- Power take off (kW/hp): 5.6/7.6
- Maximum operating temperature: 120°C/248°F
- Positive output stud: 2x M8
- W (rpm) signal connection: Isolated fast-on
- Field current connection: Mastervolt plug
- Temperature sensor: RJ12
- Alpha Pro III charge regulator
Isolating bushing Ø 10.5 mm MV48420210
Isolating bushing Ø 12.5 mm MV48420230
Oil pressure switch isolated M10x1 MV48420200
B+ adapter M10 MV48420220