Winner of the PBO dehumidifier tests and the Sailing Today independent test. This desiccant dehumidifier is a winner for our customers too!
- Helps to prevent condensation, mould and damp issues
- Multi-award winning dehumidifier
- Desiccant drying system makes this a quieter dehumidifier
- Particularly popular for boats and garages
The Meaco DD8L Junior is also perfect for unmanned boats, has no castors (so it won’t roll), emits heat and extracts high volumes of water.
- Exactly the same as the DD8L apart from no ioniser and no silver nano coating on the filter.
- Same great specification (with no air treatment), lower price.
- Absorption technology - no refrigerants
- Reduces or eliminates mould spores, condensation and other damp issues
- 8 litres a day extraction, which is equivalent to a 16 or 20 litre compressor dehumidifier
- Running costs from 5.02p/hour based on 15.2p/kWh
- New easier graphical control panel
- Up to 80% reduction in running costs
- Intelligent Meaco control system
- Small and lightweight
- Very quiet in operation
- Trusted Meaco brand name
- Suitable for flats and up to a 5 bed house
- Perfect for boats/cars/caravans/garages
- Great for drying washing
- 2 year warranty
The current version of the Meaco DD8L Junior represents 8 years of development of the desiccant dehumidifier and the very best domestic dehumidification technology available today. Meaco has used their experience and just as importantly, listened to their customers, and redefined what was already a class leading dehumidifier.
Up to 80% less energy consumption
It has been standard within the industry for desiccant dehumidifiers to always run their fan continuously, regardless of the relative humidity. They do this so that they can react to rises in relative humidity and start to dry the air again. This provides a level of accurate dehumidification that is over kill for domestic applications. The alternative provided by most compressor dehumidifiers is for the dehumidifier to turn off when the relative humidity target is reached. This saves energy but does mean that the dehumidifier potentially misses increases in relative humidity and could allow organic materials in the home to absorb the excess moisture and mould to grow.
Energy saving and accurate dehumidification combined
The Meaco DD8L Junior provides the best possible solution. When the target relative humidity is reached it runs its fan for 5 minutes to check that all is ok and then it turns itself off to save energy. Thirty minutes later it turns its fan back on and samples the air again for 5 more minutes. If the relative humidity has increased above it's target it starts dehumidifying again, if the relative humidity is ok it goes back to sleep again for another 30 minutes. In a well sealed home this will mean that the fan will run for just 10 minutes an hour instead of 60, using just 1/6th of the power of other desiccant dehumidifiers.
The above is the perfect balance between protecting your environment and keeping costs to a minimum.
This Meaco exclusive control logic is available on the Meaco 12L and Meaco 20L Low Energy Dehumidifiers, Meaco 20L, the Meaco DD8L and the Meaco DD8L Junior, only Meaco make desiccant dehumidifiers that do this.
The Meaco DD8L Junior is one of our best selling dehumidifiers because:
- It is great in a flat - very quiet, can dry laundry, very light and quiet. In fact any house up to 5 bedrooms in size will benefit from a Meaco DD8L Junior.
- As a desiccant it doesn't mind low temperatures which means that it is perfect for looking after caravans/boats/garages/classic cars/motorhomes/holiday homes and workshops over winter. Boat owners will appreciate the lack of castors so it will not roll around on board.
- The above applications usually require continuous drainage so that the tank does not have to be emptied. Continuous drainage is set up with the Optional constant drainage hose
- If the power fails, when it comes back on the DD8L Junior will just start again in the mode you left it in. Most other dehumidifiers will go into standby and wait for you to return and press a button to turn them on.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers do have a higher wattage rating than compressor dehumidifiers but in the Irish climate they extract water faster and are therefore on for less time, especially below 15°C. Therefore, overall, the total amount of energy used will be less. Please note that all energy consumed by the dehumidifier will be returned to the room as heat and as this is a winter product that is a good thing and is certainly not a waste of energy consumption.
- The DD8L Junior has a Laundry mode to dry your washing faster and to prevent the water from the clothes from doing any damage around the home.
- The DD8L Junior allows you to select a quiet fan speed independent of the relative humidity that you might wish to select. This ensures that the DD8L Junior will stay in quiet mode whenever you want absolute quiet, for example at night.
- Finally the DD8L Junior turns off when the internal bucket is full and the bucket itself has a splash proof cover to make sure that not a drop is split as you pour the water away.
So what is the difference between the 3 Meaco DD8L Models?
Meaco DD8L Junior - A high performance 8 ltr Dessicant Dehumidifier
Meaco DD8L - As above but with Ioniser for air cleasing and killing mould spores
Meaco DD8L Zambezi - As above but with sophicated digital display controller, High performance Laundry mode and improved performance Ioniser